Saturday, April 24, 2010

And, while we're talking about Wikis...

I trashed the Maverick Wiki.

I probably shouldn't admit this. Even to you kind souls reading my blog. But, I must face my humiliation.

Sigh.

And, I'm at school on a Saturday.

Ok, so I'm on the Maverick Committee. No, we do not sit around watching and analyzing Dallas Mavericks basketball games (although last night's would give us something to ramble about). No, it is not a think tank organized to discuss my dog, Maverick. It's the committee that reads a gazillion graphic novels and pears those down to a "best of" list each year. It's a fairly new invention, and I am dorking out at the prospect of participating for the next two years.

Rather than throwing e-mails around or running up phone and travel bills trying to meet, we have a wiki. Genius, I say! Pure genius!

The wiki has every flippin' post on it that has ever been posted in the history of posting EVER.

When I was trolling around on it, I immediately went into "online class" mode, coupled with the "maniacal spring cleaning" mode. In my online classes, you were able to manipulate your page. You could arrange however you chose to. You could change how things appeared. You could keep every single flippin' post that was ever posted in your class. You could trash them. You could organize them however you wanted to.

I went to town on the wiki. I don't need that stuff from 2009! Be gone, clutter!

Oops.

I'm surprised the group even claimed me last week when I went to the meeting.\

Sigh.

I hereby vow never to touch anything on the wiki again!

1 comment:

  1. Poor thing!! I almost wiped out several of the HEB23 Wiki posts yesterday, and when I went to delete the post I just wrote on your blog to correct a spelling mistake, it now makes it look like I removed a "bad" post! Ahhh, communicating through technology!

    ReplyDelete