Thursday, April 29, 2010

RSS feeds make me feel inferior

So does the social booking.

Not to whine, but they both make me think I should be reading more and exploring more. The RSS reminds me of the old list-serves we had to subscribe to in library school. I was able to keep up with those for about two days before I was overwhelmed.

Maybe overwhelmed is a bit of a stretch. Maybe just "whelmed."

Same with the bookmarking. I feel like I should be out there more...searching for useful sites to bookmark...

There is a bit of pressure in the aspect of social bookmarking to be social.

Do I really want my coworkers to know that my RSS and Delicious sites are dedicated to the Dallas Morning News and Golden Retriever Rescue of North Texas?

Not that there is anything wrong with these things. They just aren't that innovative or exciting.

Although I like the idea of my bookmarks being easy to get to and not being tied to a specific machine. That's festive. But again, I'm not doing anything that exciting.

Maybe my peeps do, and I can mooch sites to bookmark from them!


No comments:

Post a Comment