Monday, October 21, 2013

Dumb as a box of hair

How difficult is it to follow instructions? 

I felt like a previous failed co-worker might be due to my inability to explain things.  Maybe I assumed too much prior knowledge.  Maybe I assumed too much common sense. 

So, now I over-explain things.  The current failed co-worker ignores things and then wonders why I have to either do them over, or why things work for him and not me.

That lock on the drawer?  Know why it doesn't always lock or unlock?  Because you keep using the wrong key.  How many times do I tell you?

The sticker gun doesn't work?  Then stop taking it apart.  If I load it, leave it alone.  You've obviously shown you can't figure it out, so leave it alone.

The network printers?  Don't turn them off.  When I tell you not to turn them off during testing, don't turn them off during testing.  When I tell you to take out the cartridge so people can't print during testing, take the cartridge out so people can't print during testing.

When I tell you not to eat at your desk, don't eat at your desk.  Not only are you attracting rodents and insects, half a dozen people ask me what you do all day because they only see you stuffing your face.

Can't find a teaching job?  Try passing a content area test.

Good.

Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment